BBO （Beta-Barium Borate, β-BaB2O4）based Pockels cells operate from approximately 0.2 - 1.65 µm and are not subject to tracking degradation. BBO exhibits low piezoelectric response, good thermal stability, and low absorption. Due to the low piezoelectric coupling coefficients of BBO, BBO Pockels cells function at repetition rates of hundreds of kilohertz. These Pockels cells work in regenerative amplifiers, high pulse repetition rate micro-machining lasers and high-average power lasers for material processing and metal annealing.
• Wide optical bandwidth (0.2-2μm)
• High transmission and contrast ratio
• High switching-off capacity
• Low absorption
• Minimal piezoelectric ringing
• High optical damage threshold
• Ceramic aperture is available